An established Ship Management company who manages a fleet of Offshore Support Vessels.
We’re looking for zealous, committed, competent and “Walk the Talk” people to join the Vroon Offshore Services team.
Duties & Responsibilities :
- Contribute to the development of company’s QA systems and risk management programs by reporting, developing and improving QA procedures; and ensuring smooth communication with departments and various parties involve in the execution of company’s contractual obligations.
- Assist the Operations Manager in the operations of the company.
- Executive, implement and supervise any commercial contracts, time charters performed by vessels under commercial management of VOSPL, so that the highest voyage result can be achieved.
- Manage and update voyage accounts, voyage administration and report to measure the effectiveness of the vessels employed and operated by VOSPL.
- Close monitoring of vessels’ performance and operational readiness. Co-ordinate closely with VOSPL Ship Management and various interest parties to ensure compliance to vessel policy and utmost operational readiness at all times.
- Cooperate closely with VOSPL Chartering Department and provide voyage evaluation in accordance with established operational procedures.
- Cooperate closely with VOSPL Account Department, specifically about charter hire collection and commission payments, and other related financial matters.
- Cooperate closely with VOSPL QHSE Department. Contribute and participate in all QHSE matters as most appropriate that is in line with the Company’s QHSE policy.
- If appointed as an Internal Auditor, carry out audits of Company’s vessels and shore based personnel as directed by the Designated Person Ashore or his deputy.
- Cooperate with Vroon Group on implementation of Group Policies as required.
- Assist the Operation Manager to ensure that new personnel and personnel transferred to new assignments related to safety and protection of the environment are given proper familiarization with their duties prior to their shipboard service.
- Assist the Operation Manager to carry out investigation of incidents/accidents involving Company’s vessels.
- Carry out vessel visits as required. Brief and de-brief Masters and crew on commercial and operational issues.
- Carry out client visits as required. Maintain a healthy and good working atmosphere with clients. Support and de-conflict clients ‘requirements as necessary, in accordance with contractual obligations. Prepare operational review presentations to clients as necessary.
- Ensuring smooth communication with departments and various parties involved in the execution of the company’s contractual obligations.
- Provide report and analysis to the Operation Manager, or in his absence to the Managing Director, to support tactical decisions of the commercial managers and to offer advice to the benefit of the trading result and the effectiveness of the execution of the commercial contracts.
- Fluent in English both written and spoken
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strategic mind-set
- Preferably 2 to 3 years relevant experience in an operation role
- Minimum diploma holder or new graduand with a Degree in Marine/Maritime/Logistics or similar
- A recognised professional certification
- Work location at Loyang way (near Pasir Ris)
Interested parties please submit full resume with present & expected salary in MS Word and email to: email@example.com
Closing date: 16 September 2014
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.