Our role under Akta PIDM is to administer the Deposit Insurance System and the Takaful and Insurance Benefits System Protection to protect depositors and owners of takaful certificates and insurance policies in the event of a member institution failure.
PIDM is also mandated to provide incentives for sound risk management in the financial system, as well as promote and contribute to the stability of the financial system.
We are currently looking for high-calibre individuals to complement our existing team as we strive to deliver on our vision of being a best practice financial consumer protection authority.
We offer a competitive remuneration package to the right candidate who fits our requirements, including transport allowance and a comprehensive healthcare coverage for employees and immediate family members.
If you are up to the challenge and want to be part of a dynamic team, please submit your application with current and expected salary, contact details and a recent passport-size photograph to:
General Manager – Human Capital Division
Level 12, Quill 7,
No. 9, Jalan Stesen Sentral 5,
Kuala Lumpur Sentral,
50470 Kuala Lumpur
Position: Manager – Facilities & Materials Management, FINAD Division
Division: Finance, Administration & Information Technology (FINAD)
Deadline: 31 August 2014
Position(s) Offered: 1
- Reporting to the Head, Facilities & Materials Management, the candidate will be required to perform duties and responsibilities as follow:
- To manage tenancy of Corporation’s head office and disaster recovery centre;
- To implement office space planning;
- To manage development, commissioning and maintenance of building facilities related to the office premises;
- To manage office upgrades and renovation projects;
- To implement effective preventive maintenance program to ensure functionality of all facilities and equipment;
- To develop, implement and manage regular scheduled cleaning and hygiene maintenance program for office premise(s) and any other properties of the Corporation;
- To liaise with the building management, service providers and relevant authorities that are related to the management and maintenance of the office premise(s) and other properties of the Corporation;
- To ensure all relevant legislative requirements, rules, regulations and guidelines relating to property management are adhered to;
- To implement Corporation’s Safety and Health Committee (“SHC”) programme and Emergency Response Team (“ERT”) function;
- To manage and maintain the security measures and infrastructure for the office premise(s) and any other properties of the Corporation;
- To manage incident reporting process and procedures;
- To manage and maintain utilities and telecommunication infrastructure of the Corporation;
- To implement and monitor business continuity and disaster recovery program;
- To manage, implement and maintain fixed assets management program;
- To provide technical advisory and support as required for Corporation’s events;
- To provide support and ensure availability of relevant services required during intervention or failure resolution activities;
- To perform any other ad-hoc tasks/activities and project management as assigned by the Superior.
- Degree in Facilities Management / Engineering / Building Science / Property Management or any other related discipline.
- The incumbent must have more than 7 years working experience with minimum 3 years in a supervisory role relating to facilities/property management, operational safety and security, operations management and project management.
- Experience in business continuity management is desirable.
- Experience in managing team of subordinates and vendors/contractors.
- Experience in implementing and monitoring operational budget.
- Self-starter, independent, resourceful and meticulous.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours when required.
- Team player with good communication skills and interpersonal skills.
Position: Risk Manager, Risk Assessment and Monitoring (Insurance)
Division: Insurance, Risk Assessment & Monitoring (INRAM)
Deadline: 31 August 2014
Position(s) Offered: 2
- This position reports to the Deputy General Manager, Risk Assessment (Insurance), INRAM.
- The risk manager is primarily responsible for on-going risk assessment of a portfolio of assigned member institutions. The risk manager is required to provide quality and timely risk assessment and also to acquire comprehensive knowledge of the assigned members. In addition, the risk manager is also expected to be involved in any intervention and failure resolution activities on the assigned members.
- Among others, the risk manager is also required to:
- Conduct analysis on the supervisory, regulatory and industry issues, initiatives and developments affecting the insurance industry and financial markets as a whole;
- Monitor and analyse trends and environmental factors affecting PIDM membership and component peer groups; and
- Contribute to the development, implementation and enhancement of a risk assessment methodologies and systems.
- At least 7 years of experience in insurance/takaful operations with at least 5 years experience in direct risk assessment / rating of insurance companies/takaful operators;
- Well-versed with the insurance industry development and policy directions locally and globally;
- Demonstrate technical competency, sound professional judgment and strong understanding of accounting, taxation, credit, treasury and corporate finance issues;
- Strong research orientation with flair of writing, knowledge and experience in risk modelling is an added advantage; and
- Bachelor’s Degree or professional qualifications in accounting, insurance/ risk management, actuarial science, economics, banking, finance or other related disciplines.
Position: Manager or Senior Manager Resolution
Division: Intervention and Failure Resolution
Deadline: 31 August 2014
Position(s) Offered: 1
- Reporting to the Deputy General Manager, Intervention and Failure Resolution, the candidate’s key responsibilities include, amongst others, the following:
- Develop and implement policies, procedures, frameworks, guidelines and strategies and to build capacity and capability to implement the Intervention and Resolution options in an effective and expedient manner;
- Keeping abreast with global developments in matters relating to Intervention and Resolution, with emphasis on the global development on Effective Resolution Regimes for Systemically Important Financial Institutions;
- Support in the development and implementation of resolution tools to enable Systemically Important Financial Institutions to prepare recovery and resolution plans to recover its financial strength and viability in an event of stress with minimal impact to the financial system;
- Support the strategic and operational conduct of Intervention and Resolution activities which encompass planning, executing and managing the Intervention and Resolution options such as due diligence exercises, acquisition of assets and/or liabilities, restructuring, purchase and assumption, Bridge bank or eventual payout to depositors;
- Manage and coordinate numbers of designated professionals, consultants, temporary and internal staff, contractors and agents in the development and implementation of policies, guidelines or projects, and in the implementation of Intervention and Resolution options in member institutions;
- Develop and support training and learning initiatives.
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree or professional qualification in Accounting/Finance/Banking/Islamic Finance or other related disciplines;
- At least 5 years working experience in corporate finance, restructuring, mergers and acquisitions (M&A), due diligence, acquisitions of non-performing loans and recovery. Experience in banking and insurance particularly in Islamic banking and/or takaful operations will be an added advantage;
- Ability to demonstrate sound technical knowledge and competency in Shariah and Islamic finance, insolvency and accounting matters;
- Good understanding of policies and regulatory requirements relating to banking and insurance companies and takaful operators;
- Ability to work independently and in teams; and
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
Position: General Manager, Communications and Public Affairs
Division: Communications and Public Affairs
Deadline: 6 September 2014
Position(s) Offered: 1
- As the General Manager, Communications and Public Affairs, you will be responsible for refining and implementing communication strategies to broaden our reach and deepen the impact of our programmes in support of our mandate, corporate strategy and priorities. You will also be responsible to develop and executing internal communication plans to support the Corporation in evolving our culture and driving change. You will report to the Executive General Manager and General Counsel and play a key role in collaborating and working with the CEO and the senior management team.
- Leading strategic communications and creating new and exciting ways to engage our stakeholders including without limitation our member institutions, the public, government agencies, regulatory authorities and our other strategic partners;
- Strengthening the Corporation’s image and supporting the Corporation’s various plans including through effective public relations, advertising as well as education programmes;
- Implementing and maintaining a crisis communications plans in line with the Corporation’s overall crisis management framework;
- Leading the team that composes correspondence, media messages, articles, press releases, announcements, presentations and other oral/written communications to meet the Corporation’s outreach needs. Supporting ongoing executive messaging for key members of our senior team;
- Capitalising on significant media and relevant networking opportunities as well as by helping to identify and deal with public policy issues (local and international);
- Leading a team who executes internal communications to promote the Corporation and share information and news to internal audiences; advising on communications to educate and engage our employees;
- Serving on various highly visible councils, fora and committees (local and international);
- As permitted, acting as spokesperson and liaison with the media.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communication or public affairs or education or equivalent experience at a senior level;
- Minimum 15 years’ experience in the senior management capacity with relevant experience;
- Able to engage and motivate a team of 20 employees;
- Technical: Experience or qualifications in the public sector, or with public policy issues, or in the financial services industry communications at a senior level preferred. Experience or qualification in adult education will be an added advantage;
- General: Ability to think strategically and creatively, openness to ideas, strong interpersonal and leadership skills. Proven record of success in leading teams and working in a highly dynamic work environment. Excellent communications skills including the ability to translate complex ideas into clear language that can be understood by a wide range of audiences. Working knowledge of a wide range of technology trends in the area of public relations. Ability to work cooperatively and efficiently with a variety of teams with varied skills.