Oceanographic Systems Engineer - Singapore Office
The Systems Division of Fugro GEOS specialises in the design, build, commissioning and service of real-time data acquisition and monitoring systems for the oil and gas sector. Due to a rapidly expanding workload we are looking to recruit an Oceanographic Systems Engineer to undertake the design, build and maintenance of offshore metocean monitoring systems for the South East Asia region. This post will comprise a combination of both office-based duties and offshore fieldwork trips. Candidates must have experience of electronic instrumentation and real-time data collection systems, and strong IT network skills. This challenging role, based in the Singapore office, will encompass varied responsibilities, the key aspects of which are:
- Design and build of monitoring systems for offshore installations
- Specifying and procuring equipment
- Testing and integrating equipment
- Configuration and testing of Company real-time data acquisition software
- Visits to offshore installations to conduct installation, commissioning and maintenance duties
- Preparation of technical documentation
- Establish technical procedures
- Take an active role in all QA & HSE relating to projects and overhead work
- Liaise with Clients
- Providing remote support to on-site field staff
- Frequent offshore travel will be required
- Clear career progression opportunities
The candidate we have in mind is flexible, stress resistant, has an accurate work practice and a hands-on mentality. The following qualifications and experience is also required:
· A minimum of 5 years experience with scientific or commercial instrumentation
· Electronic / Communications Engineering or Science qualifications
· Experience within the offshore industry
· Experience of working on vessels, rigs and platforms
· Strong computing and IT knowledge
· Experience of working with Intrinsically Safe instrumentation
· Excellent communication skills
· Medically fit and able to work in the offshore environment
· Be a team player with excellent communication skills
· Financial/commercial project experience is preferred
· Project management experience is preferred
Candidates must be fluent in written and spoken English and able to pass an offshore medical.
Fugro GEOS offers a dynamic team-based working environment in an exciting and developing SE Asian market, as well as the long-term potential for you to develop your skills and career. Compensation is competitive and will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Applicant should put down the following information in the CV:
· Current and expecting salary
· Reason for applying this position in Fugro GEOS Pte Ltd
· Why do you think you are suitable for this position
· What can you bring to Fugro GEOS if you are selected
Please apply by submitting a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference OE2014.
Deadline for application submission is 15th August 2014
Accounts Executive - Singapore
This is a key position based in our Singapore office reporting to Financial Controller. The Account Executive is responsible for full sets of accounts supporting the basic operations of Singapore and Malaysia office.
- Handle full set of accounts
- Handle day to day functioning of the Accounts and finance functions
- Process invoicing, debit/ credit notes
- General administration of accounts including reviewing of payment vouchers, issuing of cheques, bank account reconciliation, management of account payable and receivable including cash book
- Compute tax and prepare tax returns, ensuring compliance with payment, reporting and other tax requirements
- Handle monthly payroll, petty cash and all regulatory payment
- Provide support for internal and external audit and tax reporting
- Generate bi-monthly statements and reports for subsidiary company
- Maintain good filing systems
- To take on ad-hoc duties as and when required
- Candidates must possess at least a Diploma in Accounting / A levels with relevant account certificates (LCCI Intermediate)
- With minimum 5 years of working experience
- Sound knowledge of accounting standards, corporate governance, Income tax act 1967 and other relevant regulations related to the accounting/ financial issues
- Conversant in MS Office
- Ability to perform duty with minimum supervision
- Excellent organizational, collaboration and communication skills.
- Able to cope and manage situations through demand spikes.
- Decisive and taking responsibility for and making effort to resolve communication, trust and respect concerns and problems.
Kindly submit your CV to Rebecca Tan, HR Manager at email@example.com