Freudenberg Oil & Gas Technologies is a global solutions provider of innovative seal solutions and differentiated seal products to the global oil and gas industry. The company is focused on the exploration and production (upstream) segment. More than 700 associates serve a wide range of customers including oil and gas producing companies, original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and engineering and service companies that provide technologies, equipment and services for producing oil and gas from land based and offshore platforms throughout the world. Freudenberg Oil & Gas Technologies has locations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Malaysia, Norway, Singapore, the UK, the United Arab Emirates, and the US.
- The main purpose of the role is to take full responsibility for the definition, documentation and successful completion of complex projects, ensuring that quality, change control and risk management processes are maintained. All resources including revenue and capital costs against the project budget must also be monitored and controlled.
- Plan and lead the creation and maintenance of a fully integrated Project plan. Schedule and deploy the tasks throughout the organisation.
- Monitor and control a regular and thorough review process that keeps track of progress & costs incurred on all activities and ensures that the key members of the project team are aware of overall project status.
- Identify actual & potential obstacles and act promptly to remove them to ensure the project succeeds. If necessary, escalate any problems to the management team so that they / you can arrive at a prompt resolution.
- Facilitate regular project reviews, looking at the "through life" cycle performance of the project, to ensure that all inputs are delivering against their individual targets. Hence guaranteeing that performance against the measurable objectives is being achieved.
- In the event that the project objectives are not being met, set corrective actions and follow up through to closure.
- Through regular project review meetings, highlight any potential concerns to the management team before they become a serious issue.
- Aggressively manage risk, elevating the key subject area to the regular project review agenda.
- Prepare detailed reports or figures as required including KPI'S.
- Take full control of the customer project relationship, leading the drive to manage the customer and deliver complete satisfaction.
- Oversee the project business case, making sure that development activities are executed with due regard to business issues e.g. T&C’s and scope growth opportunities, production, design to cost, maintenance costs etc, thereby ensuring achievement of the target return on investment.
- Control and maintain costs to achieve overall cost targets for the project.
- Regularly lead and communicate with the project team, and the project stakeholders, to ensure awareness of direction, issues and help needed.
- Special circumstances of the job
- Similar experience operating at Senior Engineer / Manager level with responsibility for key measures within a low volume, high value environment.
- A good understanding of metal processes/engineered products with some knowledge of metallurgy would be desirable but not essential.
- A relevant Engineering qualification and extensive career training and development.
- Excellent IT skills, including Microsoft Project and Solid Works are highly desirable.
- First class Project Management skills are a key requirement of this role.
- Good level of business and financial acumen with the ability to think long-term.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential
- Having an extremely good eye for details will be able to evaluate information quickly and accurately.
- Natural talent for networking and building relationships cross organisational and with customer base and potential new business opportunities.
- Highly competent at dealing with customers/suppliers and their respective business issues with strong customer interaction skills.
- Excellent people management skills.
- Knowledge of lean production techniques.
- A driver, completer finisher and a strong sense of accountability.