Brunei Gas Carriers Sdn Bhd is a joint venture company incorporated in Brunei Darussalam since 1998 and owns a fleet of 3 LNG vessels, with an additional 2 LNG vessels to be delivered in 2014 and 2015. BGC provides administrative and management services to Brunei Shell Tankers Sdn Bhd, who owns a fleet of 4 LNG vessels. The LNG vessels are chartered to Brunei LNG Sdn Bhd for delivery of its cargoes to overseas customers.
BGC’s objectives is to manage the LNG carriers safely and reliably in accordance to the applicable standards and regulations, while protecting the personal safety and health of the people, creating an injury free workplace and preserving the environment, hence requiring competent and capable Bruneian staff to address the business needs.
With increasing work scope and activity levels, we are looking for experienced and competent professionals to join our team in the field below:
1) CONTRACTS AND PROCUREMENT LEAD – (Fleet Services and Materials)
Bachelor degree with minimum 5 years’ experience in contracting and procurement, preferably in shipping related activities within oil and gas industry. Working experience in global C&P management ie. category management. Candidates with Professional Qualification (e.g. CIPS) will have an added advantage.
- To work closely with the C&P manager in establishing a CP strategy which maximizes business value in line with the context of CP strategic direction and other business requirements (sustainable development, HSE etc)
- Accountable in ensuring the fleet CP team consistently meet the business expectation and needs by effectively leading high performance team and ensure strategy value, security of supply, managing supplier performances and adding commercial value to the BGC business.
- To provide timely contracting support to the line from pre-award stage to contract management
- To develop, monitor and plan the tender/negotiations and award of more complex and strategic contracts
- To lead in the negotiations and evaluations of contractual claims including resolution of disputes
- To provide advice on interpretation of contractual provisions within contracts
- To conduct audits and reviews on contract document requirements during the execution phase
- To participate in improvements initiatives for contracting/procurement ie. Contract management
For interested applicants, please send in your application letter and CV, stating the position that you are applying for, to the address below before 15th August 2014:
Brunei Gas Carriers Sdn Bhd
Unit 1,2,3, Lot 8632
Lim Kah Sik Building, Jalan Jerudong
Kg Jerudong, BG3122
NEGARA BRUNEI DARUSSALAM
Tel: 2613000/1/2/3/4/5 ext 309 or 312
Or email us at email@example.com