AVEVA provides a comprehensive range of solutions for engineering businesses of all sizes. Small businesses can benefit immediately from our stand-alone software products, putting them on a secure foundation for growth. Large businesses can be supplied with powerful enterprise-level solutions which integrate a wide variety of applications (AVEVA or third-party), information resources and workflows.
The AVEVA Solution combines two uniquely powerful concepts, object-centric technology and an information-centric Digital Information Hub. These support our integrated solutions for both the plant and marine industries and can form a complete technology environment for engineering projects of unlimited size and complexity.
Regional Marketing Manager - Asia Pacific- Kuala Lumpur
Dual reporting to VP of Marketing and Regional Operations Manager
The Regional Marketing Manager is responsible for the development and execution of marketing plans across the Asia Pacific region. The marketing team located throughout this specific region will report into this role and they will work to gather sales requirements and priorities, assess competitors and deliver targeted campaigns. The Manager will be responsible for putting a marketing plan in place that supports strategic business objectives and for a continual improvement plan to develop the skills of their regional marketing team. This manager is also responsible for working with the other two regional marketing managers (who cover the geographic territories EMEA and the Americas) to share best practice that will help AVEVA to build an effective and well-coordinated global marketing organisation.
The role requires an experienced marketing professional with extensive international expertise within the enterprise software industry. The Manager will be the primary field representative to Corporate Marketing for their region and will be responsible for setting marketing priorities, overseeing the execution of campaigns, programmes and activities, and measuring ROI. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following activities:
- Create a yearly marketing plan with measurable objectives
- Identify and monitor regional and global marketing trends
- Provide regional competitive analysis as required
- Oversee the execution of promotional programmes and industry campaigns
- Set priorities for regional events and activities
- Define regional advertisement, editorial and press activities
- Define a digital marketing strategy tailored to the region
- Oversee of local collateral and translation requirements
- Manage regional marketing budget and the allocation of resources
The primary objective of the Regional Marketing Manager is to constantly improve the effectiveness and efficiency of AVEVA’s regional marketing activities. To achieve this, the manager must lead the regional sales and marketing teams to effectively deliver the campaigns and programmes defined by global marketing and the industry campaign teams. As part of a group of three Regional Marketing Managers, this role must also work closely with these colleagues to develop a consistent strategy for marketing plans and metrics that can be applied globally to continually optimise activities.
- Lead a regional team with a well-defined and agreed marketing plan
- Develop and execute lead generation and pipeline management activities
- Manage dual reporting relationship with regional marketing representatives
- Work directly with sales management to define regional markets and priorities
- Liaise with the internal communication team to share and promote regional activities
- Champion the integration of the AVEVA CRM system into the sales & marketing process
- Support corporate marketing guidelines and best practice
- Support the long-term development of a global AVEVA World Community for customers
IMPORTANT WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
This role has a dual reporting structure to Corporate Marketing and to the Operations Manager for their geographic region. The regional marketing team reports to this manager, while working closely with the local sales management. It will be very important to effectively manage this dual reporting structure in order to ensure that the tactical needs of the local sales teams are being met, as well as the more strategic corporate priorities. In addition, this role will also work closely with the industry campaign team to incorporate predefined campaigns and product programmes into their regional marketing activities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Extensive experience in the global marketing of enterprise software technology
- Experience in working with dual reporting structures and direct sales teams
- Experience in managing a multinational marketing team
- Experience working with technical software products and solutions
- Knowledge of AVEVA’s primary EPC, OO and shipbuilder markets is desirable
- Ability to work independently, making strategic resource and priority decisions
- Ability to establish best practice standards for all marketing activities
- Multicultural relationship development
- Budget management experience
- Excellent English language verbal and written communication
- Ability to speak other languages highly desirable
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong negotiation and planning skills
- Passionate team player and self-starter
- Creative thinker who can motivate people
HOW TO APPLY
Full applications, including a CV and covering letter should be emailed firstname.lastname@example.org.
AVEVA welcomes all applicants regardless of gender, sexual orientation, marital/civil partnership status, race, religion and belief, disability or age.