Expro has created and captured the well flow technology market. Our key technologies, core and more specialised services assist our customers to measure, improve, control and process flow from their wells.
Expro operates in all the major hydrocarbon producing areas of the world, employing more than 4,500 people in 50 countries. With our head office in the UK, Expro has regional headquarters in Aberdeen, Cape Town, Dubai, Houston, Kuala Lumpur and Rio. We have grown rapidly in recent years to become a market leader in the offshore and subsea arena, with a strengthened presence in gas wells and land markets.
Expro’s global product line teams are supported by our network of multi-discipline experts, ensuring consistency of service and underpinning our commitment to deliver service excellence to our customers worldwide.
Expro offers services and products through five marketing segments:
Well Testing & Commissioning
Connectors & Measurements
The range of well flow technologies and specialized services that we offer across our portfolio allows us to provide integrated solutions to our customers worldwide.
Expro’s expertise extends across the lifecycle of a well, reinforcing our ability to assist our customers to achieve their goals – from Exploration & Appraisal through to Abandonment.
Senior Buyer (9061)
The Buyer ensures items or services are purchased from specified suppliers and are delivered upon agreed terms and conditions seeking maximum value for the company including agreed time and cost.
- Interfaces with Project Management or other designate in order to plan and prioritize purchasing activities to support the Product Line / Business Unit / Region requirements
- Receive requests for price/product/delivery and follows GSC bid requirements OR preferred supplier price books for action
- Transmits and prioritizes approved purchase orders, with appropriate supporting documents, to Supplier - Tracks acknowledgement of order by Supplier
- Regular communication with suppliers to ensure schedule reporting of issues and delivery promises are maintained and information communicated to the project/product team and other stakeholders.
- In conjunction with Inventory Management, work closely with region/country team to optimize inventory type purchase as well as ‘Re-Order Point’ (ROP) initiative.
- Develop and implement a supplier management strategy on assigned portfolio and through execution, demonstrate good supplier management practise to the rest of the team.
- Reviews, updates and maintains Open Purchase Orders in SAP until closed.
- Leads finance and Logistics staff in resolving reception and invoice discrepancies
- Reporting and tracking any supplier issues or non-conformance as they arise in order to aid in meaningful communication during periodic business reviews as may be directed by Management.
- Actively participate in Departmental KPI’s as set out by management
- Assist in other purchasing/ departmental duties/ activities as may be required by the Management
- Adhere to the Expro Business Principles & Ethics and Code of Business Conduct of being reliable, trustworthy and fair. Avoiding conflicts of commercial interest, ensuring accuracy of information, maintaining confidentialities and by abstaining from all forms of corruption.
Job Knowledge and Qualifications:
- Must have sound knowledge of Purchasing best practises
- Computer literate, knowledge of Microsoft Office essential and with experience of MRP/ERP systems (SAP preferred).
- Excellent communication skills written and verbal, persistent and assertive.
- Must show ability in time management and prioritisation to achieve the requirements of the role.
- Experience of engineering terminology, supplier evaluation, Purchase Order drafting, negotiation and working as a Buyer within a busy purchasing environment essential.